Friday 17 April 2009

The day of the first vegetable...


It has been raining relentlessly for days, which has made gardening impossible, so we've been lying low and cooking and visiting friends. However, I have been to see the chickens and given them treats, mostly pasta and collecting their eggs and I couldn't resist a quick look at everything in the garden. As I was inspecting my not so neat rows of stuff I chanced upon some radish that not only needed thinning out but were ripe for picking, we'll eat them tonight dipped in salt, I know it's not a big deal, but it's the first thing we've pulled out of the ground since arriving, there will be lots more but the radish will always be the first.

1 comment:

Quinta das Abelhas said...

yay! parabens! how's your neck? riding next week if it stops raining? x