Thursday 16 February 2012

getting crafty

One of the things about living somewhere remote and having no budget for extras is that you have to get creative, in everything you do. I used to really love buying cards and presents for people when I had money. I also used to make stuff for myself on the sewing machine, but would have the luxury of choosing the fabric I wanted and the amount I wanted. Now I am making things from scraps and bits of old clothing from the dump!!! it doesn't get more creative, often challenging and a bit limiting but I think the results are OK and the effort that goes in to these presents is way more satisfying.

Tea cosys







Front


Back






Here's a shot of the inside of a cosy with a shirt from the dump!!



Pan holders.....







Bag and matching purse




Sewing machine cover

3 comments:

emma said...

Oh! Those tea cosies! :,) Our knitted cat cosy is in use 24hrs here. You are very clever, they are adorable!

Rick and Sarah said...

ha, I have just the slogan for you, i'll make you one sometime, or do you prefer the mad hatter style?

Alice said...

loving your crafty stuff ... I always find it's a lot more fun when you have to work with what you've got available :-)