Friday 17 December 2010

I've got a lovely cock!!!

Turns out that I have cock! and I've called him Fancy Feathers



Not having sexed any of the hatchlings, I've been waiting to find out what sex they are, now I know, one is a cock and the other three are hens, brilliant. He is very handsome and proud and seems to be doing a fine job of keeping them all in order. The three hens are all huge and would probably be laying already if it wasn't so flipping cold. The surrogate mum (in the background, behind Fancy Feathers)



is still laying one egg every other day. Not sure where we'll go from here, need more space really and then we could start a breeding programme and rear chickens for eating as well as for eggs. We really need a proper in/outdoor pen for them all as at the moment they are not going outside, which I dislike alot. But it's the safest option and as the new ones won't let me handle them, it's impossible to let then wander off and not spend hours running up and down terraces trying to get them all back, hysterically funny and bloody annoying.

No comments: