Saturday 3 November 2012

the shit, II

some of you may remember "the shit", a much admired and talked about item of clothing made from a shirt from the local bin.....


I hate to waste fabric, so I kept the collar and cuffs and sleeves for future ideas. Then I had an idea, only one mind you, but a good one. I took an old long-sleeved top (slightly stained) that I didn't wear anymore, mostly because the arms seemed too short, I hate too short arms, I'm always trying to pull them down, it's a comfort thing I guess. So this is what I came up with,


it was a bit fiddly and I didn't do it very well, but it's a good start, the look is a bit preppy, but thats ok, preppy meets farm hand is OK, isn't it?

4 comments:

Alice said...

personally I think you could be on to something with the preppy/farm look! I think it looks fab :-) very creative!

Rick and Sarah said...

Hi Alice, thanks for comment, think you're right, could be on to somethingxxxxxt

Mark Kenington said...

Very creative! You just need more girly fabric :)

emma said...

downright bloody chic I say. makes me ashamed of what I can be seen working in (although I did think I was doing ok with the city brothers' business shirt cast offs until simon stole them all)

you are so damn productive. honestly I read your blog and think "that's the life I want/thought I was getting"